Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Election Hangover

It feels like forever since my last post. But I've simply got post-election hangover. I'm just trying to get some of the partisan lines out of my system, and back to reality. Salut Mr Dion.

Also having some fun watching American politics play out over the last little while. Thank God I don't have CNN, or else I would be vomiting from my incessant watching of it. Simply put, Mr. Obama is going to win. A "victory" for race relations, as some would say, but I think it's purely farcical to claim the point. If it's a victory, it still means that race matters. Which should be the final goal.

Trying to find the comments I read somewhere about even Obama being further to the right on most issues than the current Conservative party. Very funny, but it does reveal the historical shift that occurred over the last half-century in both countries.

Anyway, when I get back to posting regularly, it'll be a little bit more on my recent move to Vancouver, and the job I have started at Peter Kiewit Sons Co.
Who knows where the Canadian dollar will have been by then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obama leaning to the right? Not a chance. I think he should remain right where he is- a bit left of the center (although it's become pretty difficult to box-in these politicians now as they have varying stances on various issues).