Sunday, September 21, 2008

wtf Political Correctness

Many disturbing stories from this past weekend. I really hate this culture of political correctness that is being imposed. It is destroying free speech. It is also now destroying careers, thanks to the Human Rights Tribunal. Staying abreast of current political correctness is now a full time occupation.

Couple of interesting headlines to start

Doctor deemed racist for 'liking visible minorities', $4000 fine


UN Calls Canada Racist for 'visible minorities' tag.


I really hate labels to begin with. But seriously... Can you please tell me: What is the politically correct way to describe me these days?


I've also come to hate blogs... am I a hypocrite for keeping one, even though no one reads it? I'll hopefully have some time to pen my reactions to Chris Reid's resignation as Conservative candidate, simply for believing in personal liberty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Political correctness has its uses. At least it keeps narrow-minded people from voicing out their prejudices - at the risk of stifling their personal liberties. People can say whatever they want to say- just don't say the wrong thing when you are in a position to be held accountable for your words.

'I like visible minorities' is no different than saying 'I'm not a racist, I have black/Asian friends' or 'I like gay people'. Its just poor form and frankly patronizing.